Our PlayGym programme is set up for pre-schoolers to have fun, explore and be challenged.
PlayGym is a fantastic program that enhances childrens’ coordination, confidence and rhythm through a variety of fun activities, utilizing specialized pre-school equipment. During our Playgym sessions the gym is transformed into a preschool playground with lots of challenging circuits, set-up to encourage children to explore the following fundamental movement patterns:
- LANDINGS:Practising safe landing techniques,enhances childrens' confidence jumping from equipment
- SPRING Children have lots of opportunities to develop spring using our long tumble track trampoline, beatboards, mini trampolines and rebounders.
- SWING Children develop confidence swinging, using small handles suspended under the bars, and big rope swings as well as using the uneven bars to learning correct shapes whilst practising mini tap swings.
- LOCOMOTION Playgym is all about exploring movement patterns, we have lots of fun obstacle courses set up for children to spring over, crawl through and under and plenty of beams to challenge their balance. Our group activities at the start of each session provide lots of opportunities to run, jump, hop and dance
- COORDINATION SKILLS We always have an coordination station with small hand apparatus to practise bouncing, throwing, striking and catching skills to develop visual tracking, hand-eye and foot-eye co-ordination.
Playgym sessions are semi-structured, creating movement challenges for participants to explore. Playgym is based on the belief that 'movement and learning together are fun' and that play should provide for spontaneous free activity. Parents are involved throughout the session, supervising their own child on the gym floor, which is a great opportunity to play, engage and have lots of FUN exploring gymnastics with your child.
Anita Perkins on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 027 4879 145
6 Otaki Street (one block down from Bunnings)
How to Register:
To make the administration of our PlayGym programme run more smoothly and minimize cash handling, PlayGym parents register their children online for each term on their preferred day/time
The term fee is $85.00
Children under 12 months FREE (unless in a structured baby session)
Registrations are now open for 2018 TERM TWO to register click HERE
2018 Term 2 Timetable:
All playgym classes run alongside the school term. We do not run classes during the school holidays.
The first PlayGym session for TERM TWO will be Tuesday 1st May
Tuesday 1:00-2:00pm PlayGym Kinder Kiwi Gym (3.5-5yrs) Wednesday 9:30-10:30am PlayGym Tumbling Tots (From 18 months-5 years)
Wednesday 1:00-2:00pm PlayGym Kinder Kiwi Gym (3.5-5yrs)
Thursday 9:30-10:30am PlayGym Tumbling Tots (From 18 months-5 years)
Thursday 1:00-2:00pm PlayGym Kinder Kiwi Gym (3.5-5yrs)
Friday 9:30-10:30 PlayGym Tumbling Tots (From 18 months-5 years)
TERM TWO Playgym classes will start from Tuesday 1st May
Group bookings are available on:
Wednesday Thursday or Friday 10.30-11:30
Cost: $60 (one hour structured Playgym session run by a qualified DGA coach)
Group bookings are a fantastic opportunity for a fun, action packed outing for kindergartens, early child care centres, playcentres, home based care groups and parent centres.
For more information on our PlayGym programme please contact:
Anita Perkins email@example.com or call 027 4879 145
Thank you :)